In its inaugural year, The Cleanie Awards™ today honors 10 companies and industry leaders paving the way in the clean technology sector. The first comprehensive awards program to recognize advancement in the cleantech industry, the winners are honored for their innovation, leadership and outreach campaigns that promote clean technology, renewable energy and solar, wind and water power.
“The Cleanie Awards program recognizes individuals and companies responsible for creating a successful and ever-expanding global cleantech marketplace,” said Elyssa Rae, program director, The Cleanie Awards. “This inaugural cohort of honorees proudly represents nearly every facet of the renewable industry and has used their influence and expertise to bring us closer to a clean energy future here and abroad.”
The 2018 Cleanie Awards honorees are:
- Enterprise Company of the Year: SolarEdge Technologies. SolarEdge’s financial strength and stability, combined with its cutting-edge smart energy technology and global reach set it apart as the market leader.
- Midsize Company of the Year: Greensmith Energy, a Wärtsilä company. Greensmith Energy continues to stay nimble and make grid-scale energy storage a fundamental part of a cleaner, more intelligent and distributed energy infrastructure.
- Non-Profit of the Year: Low Impact Hydropower Institute (LIHI). LIHI has built a strong reputation for energy source certifications in the U.S. with more than 125 active in 2017, greatly reducing the impacts of hydropower generation.
- Startup of the Year: CleanCapital. CleanCapital made substantial investments in clean energy projects across the U.S. in 2017, while closing $3.7 million U.S. in series A funding and launching a successful podcast.
- Investment Organization of the Year: CohnReznick Capital. CohnReznick Capital has maintained its strong reputation in investment banking services to the sustainability sector, executing 104 project and corporate transactions for renewable energy assets valued at $16.2 billion in aggregate.
- Best Integrated Media Campaign: NEXTracker: TrueCapture™ Smart Control Software Product Launch. NEXTracker’s TrueCapture campaign leveraged a multifaceted media approach, garnering millions of social media, website and trade publication impressions and views.
- Best Public Affairs Campaign: Carbon Capture Coalition with RENEWPR: Carbon Capture Technologies Legislation Campaign. The team strategized a savvy three-pronged communications campaign to successfully influence legislation in support of carbon capture technologies.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Katherine Hamilton, 38 North Solutions. Katherine has parlayed her industry expertise into a powerful public policy consultancy, successful podcast and global board and chair positions with the World Economic Forum and GRID Alternatives Mid-Atlantic.
- Woman of the Year: Danielle Merfeld, GE Renewable Energy. In addition to being named the first female GE Tier 1 business CTO in the history of the company, Danielle has supported more than 70,000 women internally as co-leader of the GE Women’s Network and across the industry through active engagements while simultaneously launching groundbreaking products moving the industry forward.
- Rising Star Under 30: James Jamal Thomas III, RES (Renewable Energy Systems). Since completing his PhD at the age of 26, James helped his company successfully complete 500 MW of wind and solar projects more efficiently and effectively.
“The honorees chosen represent the best of the clean technology sector,” said Tom Weirich, director, Rubicon Infrastructure Advisors, a leading global investment banking advisory firm, and one of the judges. “Competition was fierce, which is a real testament to the strength of the industry. I’m proud of who we selected, and they should all be proud to be honored by The Cleanie Awards.”
To learn more about The Cleanie Awards and its winners: www.thecleanieawards.com.
Sign up to be notified when the 2019 Cleanie Awards open for submissions.
About The Cleanie Awards
The Cleanie Awards™ is the first comprehensive awards program exclusive to the cleantech industry. It generates much needed visibility for innovators and disruptors in the industry who are creating life [and planet] changing solutions. The campaigns recognized by the award program aim to influence public opinion about technologies delivering on the promise of a clean energy future. Visit our website at www.thecleanieawards.com. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook at @CleanieAwards and LinkedIn.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181022005953/en/
Copyright Business Wire 2018
This was published on October 23, 2018.